Registration for Summer programs will open on 1/16 at noon!
Musical Theatre Works offer a unique summer immersion program where students experience all aspects of Musical Theatre production and performance, with programs tailored by age group. Classes include Voice, Acting, Dance, Stage Craft and Design and Film Study. The program culminates in a performance of scenes, songs and dances from Broadway musicals.
MTW reserved the right to require vaccinations or weekly testing (in lieu of vaccination) depending on community prevalence of COVID-19.
Vaccinations will now be required for students ages 5 and up. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, please contact Christina@musicaltheatreworks.org
Cancellation policy: Deposits are non refundable, but any additional payment is refundable until May 1st.
This summer sessions are planned to be held at First Unitarian Universalist Church, 1187 Franklin St, San Francisco, CA 94109.
Introduction to Theatre (Grades K-2 or Grades 3-5)
Come join us for our two week introductory program for kids who love to perform!
- Create characters and stories based on imagination
- Have fun with creative theatre craft activities
- Learn songs and dances from Broadway Musicals such as Annie, The Lion King, Mary Poppins, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid and more!
- 2 weeks sessions Monday-Friday Grades K-2: 9:00-3:00
Grades K-2: Session 1A: June 12-June 23 – $950
Grades K-2: Session 3A: July 10- July 21 – $950
Theatre Immersion (Grades 3-5 or Grades 6-9)
A two-week program for kids ready to experience the joys of Acting, Voice, Dance and more. This program is split into two levels. Program A is geared to students Grades 3-5. Program B is geared to students in grades 6-8.
- Learn behind the scenes techniques for stage, makeup, costume and set design
- Learn to let your imagination go with Theatre games and Improv
- Attend workshops with professional actors, set designers and other theatre professionals who will share their experience and knowledge
- Rehearse and perform songs, scenes and dances from Broadway Musicals such as Hairspray, West Side Story, Hamilton, Matilda, Les Miserables and more
2 weeks sessions Monday-Friday 9:00-5:00 Sessions 2A/B are one week sessions.
Grades 3-5: Session 1B: June 12-June 23 – $1050
Grades 3-5: Session 2A: June 26-June 30 – $550
Grades 3-5: Session 3B: July 10-July 21 – $1050
Grades 3-5: Session 4A: July 24-August 4 – $1050
Grades 6-9: Session 2B: June 26-June 30 – $550
Grades 6-9: Session 4B: July 24-August 4 – $1050
Master Class – (Grades 5-9)
A more intensive workshop for students with previous experience. The Master Class allows students to work with the theatre professionals in classes such as Acting, Voice, Dance and more:
Learn Audition techniques and experience mock auditions – Work on Monologues with Individual coaching – Select audition songs that are perfect for your voice – Note: prior theatre experience is required for this session
Master Class-Session 5 : 9:00 – 5:00 August 7-11 – $550