Musical Theatre Works offer a unique summer immersion program where students experience all aspects of Musical Theatre production and performance, with programs tailored by age group. Classes include Voice, Acting, Dance, Stage Craft and Design and Film Study. The program culminates in a performance of scenes, songs and dances from Broadway musicals.
Summer classes are held at the First Unitarian Universalist Church, 1187 Franklin Street, SF, CA.
Registration for Summer 2017 classes is open now.
- All programs include a special Summer Program Musical Theatre Works T-shirt
Introduction to Theatre – (Grades K-2)
- Create characters and stories based on imagination
- Have fun with creative theatre craft activities
- Learn songs and dances from Broadway Musicals such as Annie, The Lion King, Mary Poppins, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid and more
Summer Program: 2 week sessions Monday – Friday 9:00-3:00 (extended care available until 5:00)
- Session 1: June 12-23, 2017
- Session 3: July 10-21, 2017
Early Bird: $655 Regular Price: $695 Optional extended day care available for $10/hr
Theatre Immersion – (Grades 3-5 or Grades 6-9)
A two-week program for kids ready to experience the joys of Acting, Voice, Dance and more. This program is split into two levels. Program A is geared to students Grades 3-5. Program B is geared to students in grades 6-9.
- Learn behind-the-scenes techniques for stage, makeup, costume and set design.
- Learn to let your imagination go with Theatre games and Improv
- Attend workshops with professional actors, set designers and other theatre professionals who will share their experience and knowledge
- Rehearse and perform songs, scenes and dances from Broadway Musicals such as Hairspray, West Side Story,Grease, Les Miserables and more
Summer Program: 2 week sessions Monday-Friday 9:00-5:00
- Session 2A- or 2B: June 26-July 7, 2017 (excludes 4th of July) –
Early Bird: $705 Regular price: $745
- Session 4A- or 4B: July 24-August 4, 2017: $795.00 – Early Bird: $755 Regular Price: $795
Master Class – (Grades 5-9)
A more intensive workshop for students with previous experience. The Master Class allows students to work with theatre professionals in classes such as Acting, Voice, Dance and more:
- Learn Audition techniques and experience mock auditions
- Work on monologues with individual coaching
- Select audition songs that are perfect for your voice
- Note: prior theater experience is required for this session
Session 5: 9:00-5:00 August 7-11, 2017
Early Bird: $430 Regular Price: $450